Saturday, January 14, 2017

Week 1: Who Am I?


Week 1: Who Am I?

Moses 1



We live in a world where the question of "who am I?" is a very difficult question. Many philosophers and soul-seekers spend there entire lives traveling and searching for the answer. I love reading Mose 1 because it gives us the answer.

While God is speaking with Moses face to face, God calls Mose, "my son" not once, not twice, but three times (verses 5,6, & 7). This Hebrew superlative helps Moses see that this is true. He even goes further to tell Moses what he wants for each of His children and that "(His) work and (His) glory is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man" (Mose1:39).

Now, how can that help us? These passages of scripture are not only applicable to Mose, but to us as well. We need to remember that like Moses, we are Sons and Daughters of this same God. He wants everything for us. He wants us to have joy in this life and to enter back into His presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment