Friday, April 14, 2017

Week 14: Run with Patience

Week 14: Run With Patience

   If I have learned (and relearned) one thing through scriptures study, it is that God really does answer our prayers, and that, sometimes, He does it through his written word. This past week I was really struggling with my self-worth as well as patience with the Lord's timing. Many of my friends have recently gotten engaged and had success in their lives. I, on the other hand, have hit a ruts and obstacles that make me feel like I have "fallen behind" or that I am not as blessed as others are.
    Heavenly Father wanted to teach me that thinking was not from Him this week through my scripture study. I was reading in Hebrews 12, when I came across a few verses that really stuck out to me, Verses 1 and 2 say, "...and let us run with patience the race that is set before us. Looking to Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and to set down at the right hand of God." 
    First off, I really liked the wording of verse one about running with patience the race set before US. Each of us has our own path, our own identity and destiny that we must fulfill. Each of us has a path set before us, which is OUR path to follow. We need to have faith and patience in the Lord's timing. He is in control; all we need to do is run OUR OWN race!
    Secondly, I think the author of Hebrews wanted us to the reason that we could have patience in our races of life; this is the reason why after asking us to have patience, he talks about Jesus Christ. As we read in verse two, Jesus Christ endured his path and now he is here to help us finish ours. I am grateful for the Savior. I am grateful, not only for his example, but in him helping me along my own path. I pray that I, as well as anyone who reads this, will remember that Christ is God's gift to each of us individually, and that through him, we can have joy in patiently walking down our own individualized paths of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment