Saturday, February 4, 2017

Week 4: The Viewpoints

Week 4:

The Four Different Viewpoints of Christ


This past week we looked at the differences between the 4 testaments in the New Testament. So often we know Christ's story so well that we just clump the stories together without looking at the beauty of each individual testimony. While Matthew is speaking to the Jews and trying to convince them of the divinity of Jesus, John takes a totally different approach as he testifies that Jesus was the Great "I AM." While Mark has an general oral overview of Christ's life through his actions, Luke tries to give the most balanced account of Jesus. 
Why would Heavenly Father do that? Why would He allow for such different accounts? It could (and has) caused much contention on who really Christ is and was. A scripture that helps clarify this is 2 Corinthians 13:1, "This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established." 
Many members of the Church of Jesus Christ Latter-Day Saints use this to convince people of the truth of the Book of Mormon. Today, I would like to take a different stand and testify that all 4 books of the New Testament testify that Jesus is the Christ, the very Savior of the world. In a world that has slowly faded away from God's truth, I testify that Bible is a true book and gives testimony to Son who saved us all. 




No comments:

Post a Comment