Saturday, March 18, 2017

Week 10: Go Through Samaria

Week 10:

Go Through Samaria


This week in preparation for my religion class, I was reading John 4. This chapter is well known for the story where Jesus teaches the woman at the well. However, this time as I was reading, verse four stuck out to me. Jesus is on his way into Galilee, however, it says that, "he must needs go through Samaria." In the context of jewish tradition that move did not make any sense. Even though this was a shorter path to Galilee, Jews considered Samaritans filthy due to their heritage, and they did everything possible to avoid them. So I asked myself: Why would Jesus do this? After a few minutes of meditation, I felt the Spirit whisper to me, "because he wanted to interact with the woman at the well; not just talk with her, but bind her wounds  and then enable her to become the person she needed to be."

I felt like I had a similar experience last week. This past week was a really rough week for me. School was tough, the social scene was not that much better....all in all, I just wanted to give up because I felt so alone. I felt like a outcast at a campus of over 35,000 people. While doing my homework last weekend, I got an impression to pray, so I began to pray. As I did this, I felt the love of the Savior around me, helping me to remember that I was not alone and that I was greater in his eyes than I realized. On a day where I was alone, Christ came to me. He is willing to do whatever it takes, even breaking social norms of old, to come to our aid and help us remember our identity and destiny.
I pray that anyone reading this will remember the Savior's role in our everyday lives and see their true identity with the help of the Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment