Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Week 12: Belonging

Week 12: 

Belonging

    Before I share my thought, I need to lay the scenery:
If I were to admit my biggest struggle at BYU, it is the lack of belonging I feel; in the sea of 35,000 students, I feel like a dot on a huge wall or a single, lonely blade of grass in a blanket of green. It has been so hard for me to find a group of friends that I can "belong" with.
    This past week, I was really struggling with this feeling of loneliness, so I did the only thing I knew I could do: I prayed. I prayed for a friend, someone I could latch onto to help me get through this hard time. After praying for what felt like an eternity, a scripture reference came to me that I did not recognize in 1 Corinthians 3:23. The verse reads, "And ye are Christ's and Christ is God's."
   In that moment, I thought, 'I belong to Christ and if I belong with Christ, he will care for me; he wants to be with me.' Sometimes we forget, as Christians, that we have promised to take Christ's name upon us; we have promised to be part of and belong to Christ's team. As members of his teams, he promises to always take care of us and help us thrive. It is on Christ's team that we can find a sense of belonging. I know that he is the Savior of the world, and he cares enough to help us feel like we belong. He will never leave us alone; he will always give us a place to belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment